In these medicated fats like oil and ghee are used for stream pouring. It is highly beneficial in tackling Vata disorders like neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders, diseases like osteoarthritis, myalgia, fibromyalgia, paralysis, GB Syndrome etc. Sneha-dhara is best in dealing degenerative conditions. Its sub-types are as below mentioned:
- TAILA DHARA-medicated oils are used
- GHRITA DHARA-medicated ghee is used
- YAMAKA DHARA-medicated oils and ghee se used together as a combination or the medicine itself is prepared having both ghee and oil as base substances.
- KASHAYA DHARA -stream pouring of herbal decoctions or extracts. This is useful in diseases caused by morbid Vata and Kapha or Vata-Kapha. It also combats ama (cellular toxins caused due to sluggish metabolism tending to block the cellular functions and channels of the body). This is not used over the head
- DHANYAMLA DHARA OR KANJI DHARA - medicated fermented liquids are used. This is mainly used in combating the presence of high ama and inflammatory conditions. Its use in Rheumatoid arthritis is unparalleled. This is not used over the head. Ksheera Dhara-medicated milk is used in this type of treatment. Basically it is used for strengthening purposes and also to combat inflammation. It is highly beneficial in gout. It is used for both body and head.
- TAKRA DHARA-medicated buttermilk is used in this type of treatment. Basically it is used in stress related disorders, blood pressure, psoriasis etc. it is used for both body and head.
- It is highly beneficial in tackling Vata disorders like neuromuscular disorder like paralysis, GB Syndrome
- Musculoskeletal disorders, diseases like osteoarthritis, myalgia, fibromyalgia, etc.
- Enhanced production of lubrication inside joint.